American Aberdeen cattle are easy calving, good natured cattle that are very feed efficient and maintain themselves on grass. They have excellent taste, texture and tenderness beef characteristics and exceptional ribeye area per hundred pounds of body weight which translates to very high yielding, high quality, high value beef carcasses.
American Aberdeen cattle answer the challenges of both the large scale rancher and the small acreage farmers.
American Aberdeen Association News...
PRESS RELEASE –
First Cow Efficiency Congress Relays Research to Producer Profitability
Dickinson, N.D. – Cowherd efficiency and ranch profitability was the focus of the World Cattlemen’s Cow Efficiency Congress in Dickinson, N.D., Sept. 1-3, hosted by the North Dakota State University’s (NDSU) Dickinson Research Center and the American Aberdeen Association. More than 100 attendees from thirteen states and Canada gathered to hear from leading university researchers who have studied keys to profitability in the cattle industry and producers who have implemented the research in their own herds
NEW! MARKETING MATERIALS FOR MEMBER USE
We are pleased to provide members with brochures, a flyer and a print ad for members to use for marketing purposes. These are high quality materials with print specifications for best results.
This page can be found on this website by going to Member Resources then Marketing Materials.
BREEDER SERVICES COMMITTEE NEWS
The Breeders Services committee was originally set up to help breeders with marketing. Initially it was aimed at helping smaller breeders develop beef marketing strategies for their home raised beef.
At the annual meeting in Denver it was suggested that the role of the committee could be expanded to cover a wide range of breeder (member) services. Several of the following suggestions for expanded services were made:
- One of the main topics to cover is working with the office and Geneseek to make the registration process efficient and accurate. A special subcommittee was formed. The subcommittee would work with the staff and members to help create a more seamless and understandable registration process that is user friendly. This subcommittee will help learn how much time it takes the staff to process a registration and help suggest changes that could be incorporated with the new computer system that will be put in place in March of 2018 to help the breeders and the staff. We would invite our members to confidentially voice their concerns and problems with the registration process to this subcommittee.
- The possibility of developing a series of videos and regional workshops for members that could be a method to educate our members of several valuable skills and registration and data gathering techniques … a “breeder boot camp” with things like…Read More
• We have a new email address to help streamline the registration process. Use firstname.lastname@example.org when you are sending information to the office that was requested on the “Request for Information” doc you receive after sending in a registration application. This email address will be listed on the “Request for Information” document.
• Welcome new Board Members – Gary Gilbert, Rob Fanning and Neil Effertz.
• See highlights from the Cattlemen’s Congress videos. You can access them anytime from Aberdeen Info/Video Resources.
Aberdeen? [ learn more ]
Breeder... [ learn more ]
Available! [ learn more ]