Once you have collected DNA samples (blood or hair), you are ready to submit them for testing. See the steps below to submit your samples and register your cattle.
SUBMIT THE BLOOD OR HAIR SAMPLES FOR TESTING
1. FILL OUT THE DNA TESTING FORM
You received one with your DNA kit or you can download the DNA Cattle Testing Submission Form.
2. SEND THE DNA TESTING FORM ALONG WITH THE BLOOD OR HAIR SAMPLES AND PAYMENT TO NEOGEN
Neogen offers 3 options for receiving your results: email, fax or regular mail. Please be sure to indicate your preference on the DNA Testing Form. Their address is on the form.
3. Once you receive the DNA Parentage Report from Neogen showing qualification of the sire, dam and mating combination, you are ready to apply for registration.
See a Sample DNA Parentage Report Here
*If the sire, dam or the mating combination is disqualified, you will need to refer to your herd records and contact Neogen with updated information to achieve a qualification.
Neogen 402-435-0665 | Igenity.firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. REGISTER YOUR CATTLE
A. In order to apply for registration, you will need the following:
• Your animal’s tattoo numbers. For more info please see the article Guidelines for Tattoo Requirements
B. If you DNA Parent Verified your cattle, you will also need:
• the barcode from the Neogen DNA Parentage Report.
• a copy of the Neogen DNA Parentage Report either saved to your computer or printed out.
C. You can apply for cattle registration either online or through US mail.
• To register cattle online click here for the online registration form. Online applications are processed with credit cards only.
NOTE: If you DNA Parent Verified your cattle – During the application process you will need to upload your Neogen DNA Parentage Report with the application for registration OR you may email your Neogen DNA Parentage Report to email@example.com at the time you apply for registration online.
NOTE: If your registration requires a certificate of embryo recovery (embryo transfer calves), it is recommended that you submit your application via the mail and include all documents with your application.
• To register cattle through the US mail:
Download the Single Animal Registration form. Fill out the form and send with a check and the Neogen DNA report to:
American Aberdeen Association
19590 East Mainstreet #104
Parker, CO 80138