Do Small Cows Make More Money – Alan Newport, Beef Magazine, Aug 3, 2016
The Dickinson Research Center has been studying their herd of Moderator females for years. The Congress focused on signals to pay attention to when striving to become more efficient and attempting to return more net revenue to the ranch in a beef cattle enterprise. Animal scientists from several notable universities and research facilities made presentations.
PDF Slide Presentations:
• Genetic Selection for Cow Efficiency: What is the Next Step? by Lauren L.Hulsman Hanna, PhD, NDSU
• Developing a Cow Herd that Fits Your Ranch Environment by David Lalman, Professor and Extension Beef Specialist, Oklahoma State University
• Soil – A Source of Life: Our Responsibility by Dr. Songul Senturklu and Doug Landbolm, NDSU
• Providing Adequate Late Season Crude Protein with Pasture Grasses by Llewellyn Manske, Ph.D., NDSU-DREC
• Nutritional Effects of Frame Size on Efficiency and Longevity of Beef Cows by Kendall Swanson, Professor, Animal Science Department NDSU
• A Discussion on Cattle Size by Kris Ringwall Ph.D, Extension Beef Specialist NDSU
• Impact of Production Scheme and Frame Size on Carcass Traits by Robert Madock Ph.D.