• Aberdeen Cattle Put to Work in the Commercial Sector – by Hannah Johlman, The Ledger – Spring 2019
• C.A.B.B. Farms – Using Aberdeen in a Grass-Fed and Finished Operation by Macey Mueller, The Ledger – Spring 2019 issue
• Do Small Cows Make More Money by Alan Newport, Beef Magazine, Aug 3, 2016
• First Cow Efficiency Congress Relays Research to Producer Profitability – October 23, 2017
• Aberdeen Cattle Offer Profitable Alternative to Cattle Industry – August 23, 2017
• Lowline Breeders Change Name to Aberdeen – July 3, 2017
The Dickinson Research Center has been studying their herd of Moderator females for years. The Congress focused on signals to pay attention to when striving to become more efficient and attempting to return more net revenue to the ranch in a beef cattle enterprise. Animal scientists from several notable universities and research facilities made presentations.
PDF Slide Presentations:
• Genetic Selection for Cow Efficiency: What is the Next Step? by Lauren L.Hulsman Hanna, PhD, NDSU
• Developing a Cow Herd that Fits Your Ranch Environment by David Lalman, Professor and Extension Beef Specialist, Oklahoma State University
• Soil – A Source of Life: Our Responsibility by Dr. Songul Senturklu and Doug Landbolm, NDSU
• Providing Adequate Late Season Crude Protein with Pasture Grasses by Llewellyn Manske, Ph.D., NDSU-DREC
• Nutritional Effects of Frame Size on Efficiency and Longevity of Beef Cows by Kendall Swanson, Professor, Animal Science Department NDSU
• A Discussion on Cattle Size by Kris Ringwall Ph.D, Extension Beef Specialist NDSU
• Impact of Production Scheme and Frame Size on Carcass Traits by Robert Madock Ph.D.